Space technology and its applications, the most fascinating technical achievement of the human race in the last four decades, has undoubtedly advanced with great stride .The various practical benefits of space technology play a central role in international development efforts.
In order to transform the recommendations of the United Nations Programme on Space Applications (UN-PSA) into a practical operable program, Beihang University has initiated the Doctoral Program on Space Technology Applications (DOCSTA) since 2013 and enrolled 49 students from 12 countries until now.
The program is focusing on training the participants in solid theoretical knowledge and systematic expertise in the field of space technology applications. It aims to deliver “International, Interdisciplinary, Intercultural, Innovative, Identical (5Is)” education and provide a powerful platform for scholars and professionals to obtain more opportunities for communicating and experiencing the space technology practice in China.
Participants are expected to have the ability of conducting the scientific research, exploring the applications or pursuing the professional careers in the related fields independently.
Candidates are expected to have a profound grasp and understanding of new technology and development in space science technology and applications. They are required to finish the dissertation with high practicability and application prospects.
The faculty and academic staff for this program consist of professors, experts and senior engineers from Beihang University and some institutes or academies. The core faculty members and experts have extensive and varied experience in the field of space science and technology. In addition, they have accumulated considerable teaching experience over the years and are skilled in teaching and advising international students.
Participants will be awarded with the Graduation Certificate of Beihang University and Doctoral Degree Certificate of the People’s Republic of China when fulfilling the required credits and passing the thesis defense.
- The applicant should be under the age of 40;
- The applicant should have some professional experiences of working in space technology industry or research institutes;
- The applicant should have Master’s Degree of relevant discipline or have the equivalent educational background of a Master's degree;
- The applicant is supposed to have research background in relevant areas;
- The applicant is expected to have good command of English and the ability to take courses in English;
- Tuition Fee: 42000 Yuan (RMB) per year;
- Insurance: 800 Yuan (RMB) per year;
- Accommodation: Single room- 1500 Yuan (RMB) per month, Double room- 750 Yuan (RMB) per month (not including costs like water, electricity, etc.).
Scholarships and Financial Support
1. The applicants are welcome to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC Scholarship) at Beihang University.
The Full CSC scholarship will cover the following items:
- Tuition fee for study period (3-4 years) at the University;
- Free accommodation during study at the University (not including costs like water and electricity, etc.);
- Living allowance during stay at the University (3500 RMB /per month or according to standard by CSC);
- Medical Insurance only for accidents and hospitalization treatments, according to the standard of CSC;
2. The applicants who fail to get the CSC Scholarship will have chance to get Beijing Municipal/Beihang Scholarship. Beijing Municipal/Beihang Scholarship will only cover tuition fee.
Step 1: Apply online
Make the online application for Chinese Government Scholarship on the website of CSC http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn): fill up the Application Form, submit the completed Application Form and supporting documents online and print the Application Form according to the requirements. Please note that the specialty should be chosen as “Space Technology Applications” and the language of instructions should be chosen as “English”. Please also note that the “Program Category” should be “Type B” and the “Agency Number” of Beihang University is 10006.
Step 2: Prepare documents
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship;
- Highest Education Diploma (notarized photocopy or original one) or Certificate of Expected Graduation Date from the university studying currently;
- Notarized Transcripts or Original Ones;
- Study or Research Plan (no less than 500 words);
- Two Recommendation Letters from Professors or Academic Experts;
- The Results of TOEFL, IELTS or English Proficiency Certificates;
- Photocopy of Physical Examination Form and the Report on Blood Examination；
- Photocopy of First Page of Passport (the information page);
- The List of Application Documents and Post Address confirmed.
*Note: All the documents should be in duplicate. And the language of documents should be in English or Chinese or attached with translations in English or Chinese
Step 3: Submit documents
Mail all required documents to the following address before 25th March, 2018.
Ms. Guo Yuanyuan
Address: International School of Beihang University, No. 37 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100191, P.R. China.
Tel: +86-10-82339734, +86-13581523872
- Ms. Guo Yuanyuan, Program Director, RCSSTEAP(China)
- Address: East Wing of Library, No 37, Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China 100191, International School, Beihang University
- Telephone: +86-10-82339734
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website of RCSSTEAP: http://www.rcssteap.org
- Website of International School, Beihang University: http//is.buaa.edu.cn
- Website of Beihang University: http://ev.buaa.edu.cn/
- Website of China Scholarship Council: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn